You’ve just discovered that you have a carpet beetle infestation. Carpet beetles can be a real nuisance, and if left untreated, they can quickly become an expensive problem.
I’ve got the perfect solution for you. Check out my list of the three best sprays for carpet beetles, and find the right one for your needs. With my help, you can get rid of those pesky critters in no time.
Top 3 Best Sprays for Carpet Beetles in 2024 Comparison Table
Our #1 Rated
|Wondercide Indoor Pest Control Spray
|Ortho Home Defense Insect Killer
|Suspend SC Insecticide
We’ve all seen the tell-tale signs of a carpet beetle infestation: small, round holes in our clothing, little black dots on our carpets, and overwhelming dread. But don’t worry; there are plenty of ways to get rid of these pesky critters. I’ve tested and researched several carpet beetle sprays and found the three best products for homeowners, so you can choose the one that’s right for you.
3 Best Sprays for Carpet Beetles Reviewed
After much research and testing, I’ve found these products to be the most effective at killing carpet beetles and keeping them from returning.
1. Wondercide Indoor Pest Control Spray – The Best Bug Spray for Carpet Beetles (Editor’s Choice)
Wondercide spray is made with Cedarwood Oil, Lemongrass Oil, and Sesame Oil, all known for their pest-repelling properties. And it comes in a ready-to-use spray bottle, so you don’t have to mix anything up yourself.
- Cedarwood Oil is a natural pest repellent that has been used for centuries to keep pests away.
- Lemongrass Oil is another natural pest repellent with a fresh, citrusy scent.
- Sesame Oil is also a natural pest repellent, and it’s known for its ability to repel fleas, ticks, and other biting insects.
Ready-to-use spray bottles are convenient because you don’t have to mix anything up yourself. Just point and spray! And since it’s ECO-friendly, you can feel good about using it without harming the environment.
How to Use
- Before spraying, read the product label carefully and follow all instructions. Wondercide is safe to use on most surfaces, but you should avoid contact with the eyes and mouth.
- Hold the bottle about 12 inches away from the surface and spray in short, even strokes to apply the spray. Be sure to cover the entire area being treated.
- Allow the product to dry completely before returning to the treated area. It’s best to keep pets and children out of the room until the spray has dried completely.
- Keep pests away naturally.
- Comes in a ready-to-use spray bottle.
- Safe for pets and the environment.
- No mixing is required.
- It may not be effective for all pests.
- It may need to be reapplied often.
- Should avoid contact with eyes and mouth.
2. Ortho Home Defense Insect Killer – The Best Spray to Kill Carpet Beetles and Larvae (People’s Choice)
Ortho Home Defense features active ingredients known to kill insects quickly and effectively, and it’s also non-staining and odor-free, so you can use it without worrying about any harmful side effects. Plus, the reusable comfort wand makes it easy to apply the spray evenly and accurately.
How Does It Work
Ortho Home Defense is a contact killer. It works by the insect coming into contact with the spray. The spray will then kill the insect on contact.
Also, it’s a residual killer. That means that the spray will leave a residue that will continue to kill the insects even after leaving the sprayed area.
Additionally, it is safe to use around children and pets when used as directed.
There are a few things homeowners need to keep in mind:
- Always read the product label before use.
- Follow all safety precautions listed on the product label.
- Spray product directly on insects for best results.
- Do not apply near food or water sources.
- Effective against a variety of insects, including carpet beetles.
- Kills insects quickly and effectively.
- Non-staining and odor-free.
- Contains harsh chemicals that can be harmful if ingested.
- Can cause irritation or allergic reaction in some people.
3. Suspend SC Insecticide – The Best Professional Spray for Carpet Bugs
You’re getting a highly concentrated formula when you buy Suspend SC Insecticide. A little goes a long way, and you can cover more ground with each spray.
One of the best features of Suspend SC is that it comes odorless. So, you can spray it in any room without worrying about solid fumes or an unpleasant smell.
Suspend SC is an advanced-generation pyrethroid that features 4.75% Deltamethrin, which delivers unbeatable performance against pests. It kills insects on contact, so you can rest assured knowing your home is protected.
How Does It Work
Suspend SC is a liquid concentrate mixed with water and sprayed on the target area. It works by contact and ingestion, killing the beetles on contact and preventing them from feeding.
How to Use
- To use Suspend SC Insecticide, you will need to mix it with water according to the instructions on the product label.
- Then, you can use a spray bottle to apply the solution to areas where you have seen carpet beetles.
- Be sure to spray the solution directly on the insects to kill them.
- You may also want to spray the solution in areas where you think the carpet beetles might be hiding, such as in the corners of rooms or under furniture.
- Finally, read and follow all safety instructions on the product label before using Suspend SC Insecticide.
- A highly concentrated formula means that you don’t need to use much to get the job done.
- Kills insects on contact.
- Odorless so that you can spray it in any room without worry.
- This is a powerful pyrethroid pesticide that can get rid of pests quickly.
- It may cause skin irritation.
- Harmful if swallowed.
What is the Best Spray for Carpet Beetles in 2024? – Your Expert Buyer’s Guide
As someone who’s dealt with carpet beetles in the past, I know how frustrating and annoying they can be. They damage your carpets and clothes, but they’re also tricky to get rid of.
That’s why I’ve put together this guide on the best sprays for carpet beetles. Whether you’re looking for a chemical-free option or something that’s guaranteed to kill them on contact, I’ve got you covered.
Signs That You Have a Carpet Beetle Problem
The first step is to check your home for any carpet beetle activity. You might see:
- Small, round holes in fabrics like wool or clothing.
- Shed skin or exoskeletons.
- Tiny brown or black insects crawling around your carpets or furniture.
If you see any of these signs, it’s time to take action and get rid of those pesky beetles!
Carpet Beetles’ Favorite Hiding Places
Carpet beetles love to hide in dark, undisturbed areas. Some of their favorite places are:
- Underneath furniture.
- Inside cracks and crevices.
- In air ducts or other hard-to-reach places.
If you suspect you have a carpet beetle infestation, these are some of the first places you should check.
What Do Carpet Beetle Sprays Do?
Sprays work by killing carpet beetles and their larvae on contact. They’re a quick and easy way to get rid of them, but they won’t prevent new infestations from happening.
To use a spray, simply follow the instructions on the label. Most sprays need to be applied directly to carpets, furniture, or other areas where beetles are present.
Be sure to vacuum regularly and wash your fabrics in hot water to help prevent future infestations.
How to Choose the Right Spray for Your Needs
Now that you know how sprays work, it’s time to choose the right one for your needs. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- If you have children or pets, look for a carpet beetle spray that’s safe to use around them.
- Some sprays can be used on both carpets and furniture, while others are only meant for one or the other.
- Choose a spray that’s easy to apply and won’t leave behind any residue.
- Read reviews from other customers to see which sprays are most effective.
Once you’ve considered all of these factors, you should be able to find the best spray for your needs.
There are a few different options available when it comes to getting rid of pesky carpet beetles. This blog post outlines three of the best sprays for dealing with these critters: Wondercide Indoor Pest Control Spray, Ortho Home Defense Insect Killer, and Suspend SC Insecticide.
Each of these products has its benefits and drawbacks, so it’s important to talk to homeowners about their specific needs before purchasing.
- Wondercide is excellent for organic homes or those with pets.
- Ortho is perfect for larger areas that need to be treated.
- Suspend SC is ideal for spot treatments.
Read the instructions carefully and follow all safety precautions no matter what product you choose.
Questions & Answers
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the best way to keep carpet beetles away will vary depending on your specific situation. However, some of the most common essential oils that repel insects include peppermint oil, eucalyptus oil, and citrus oil.
You can try diffusing these oils in your home or spraying them directly on affected areas to see if they help reduce beetle populations.
There could be some reasons why carpet beetles keep coming back, including a lack of sanitation, an infestation of another pest species that the beetles are feeding on, or a failure to treat the entire area.
One of the main reasons carpet beetles keep coming back is that they can easily find their way into your home through small cracks and crevices. Once they're inside, they will start to feed on any natural fibers they can find, including carpets, clothing, and even upholstered furniture.
To prevent them from coming back, it's essential to regularly inspect your home for any potential entry points and seal them off. You should also vacuum regularly and wash any affected fabrics in hot water to kill any eggs or larvae that may be present.
Carpet beetles can come out at any time of year, but they are most commonly seen in the late summer and early fall. This is because this is when they are most active, have the most to eat, and looking for shelter from the heat.