What products to use to scare geese away? After much research on Canadian goose control products, some stand out more than others. And the winner is Liquid Fence Goose Repellent.
Comparison Table for 5 Best Canadian Goose Repellents and Deterrents:
|Liquid Fence Goose Repellent
|Bird-X Bird Stop Liquid Deterrent
|AVIAN MIGRATE Goose and Bird Repellent
|Away with Geese Land Unit Pest Control
|Bird-X GooseBuster PRO Goose Repeller
Top 5 Best Canadian Goose Repellent and Deterrent Products in 2024
Check out the best info and find out how to resolve your geese’s dilemmas with best-selling repellents and cost-effective products.
1. Liquid Fence Goose Repellent – The Best Natural Product (Editor’s Choice)
I’ve been using Liquid Fence Goose Repellent for years, and it’s my go-to choice for keeping geese away. The product is easy to use, works year-round and features 20.72% Methyl Anthranilate which is highly effective at keeping geese away. Plus, the repellent covers up to 4,000 ft² which is plenty for most applications.
It is a rain-resistant product that discourages geese from congregating on golf courses, airports, vineyards, parks, and other locations where birds are grazing.
How Does It Work
The product works by spraying a fine mist of the repellent over the desired area. The repellent contains an odor that geese find offensive and will typically leave the area once they detect it. Liquid Fence is non-toxic and will not harm the geese or other animals. It is also safe for use around plants and gardens.
- It is non-toxic and biodegradable.
- It is a humane way to get rid of geese.
- It is affordable.
- The first time you apply it, you will have to do so frequently.
It is a food-grade bird aversion liquid – that irritates geese’s trigeminal system – used for a harmless but potent effect.
- Recommended for use in: outdoor areas.
- Ideal for use at: turf and lawns.
- Benefits: save parks, turf, fields, yards, ponds from geese damage; reduce damage to crops; prevents landscaping from corrosive droppings.
It is an efficient, non-toxic liquid repellent with Methyl Anthranilate active ingredient that makes grassy locations unpalatable to geese.
- Migrate deters geese from: shorelines, parks, golf courses, lawns, cemeteries, shrubs, yards, or any grassy area.
- How it works: The repellent discourages geese by irritating their mucous membranes and trigeminal nerve.
- Effectiveness: The product is cost-effective; 1 gallon of this repellent treats 16,000 sq. ft.
- Safety: Migrate will not harm geese, pets or humans.
Hang visual scare devices in strategic locations around your property.
Away with Geese is a land-based unit that immediately impacts non-nesting geese. The product floats in the water and works well at night.
- Solves Geese Problems quickly
- The product works at night, seven days a week
- Environmentally safe and effective
- Solar power recharges batteries
- Maintenance free
5. Bird-X GooseBuster PRO – Best Ultrasonic Goose Repeller
It is an effective sonic repellent device specifically designed to remove geese. The product is fully programmable – you can control settings.
Golf courses are a magnet for Canadian geese, who prefer open land where predators cannot hide. In addition, geese are attracted to short grass and abundant water sources. To teach noisy geese to leave the area for good, use GooseBuster.
How It Works
GooseBuster uses recordings of Canada geese to prevent and eliminate stubborn goose infestation. ‘Alarm’ calls signify immediate danger. Geese immediately evacuate without waiting to identify the source.
GooseBuster is one of the most effective goose control products. Adequate coverage is up to 1.5 – 7 acres.
Where to Use
It is recommended for large outdoor areas such as ponds, parks, ponds, airports, airfields, cemeteries, golf courses, yards, sheds, farms, stables, marinas, docks, storage facilities, and warehouses.
Remember, using poisons, firearms, pellet guns, and other lethal means to make away with geese is illegal.
If your greenbelt, golf course, or commercial park is near a lake, pond, or another body of water, pest geese can pose several problems. Geese noise, aggressive behavior, and droppings are not pleasant to deal with.
Use several humane goose control products, and don’t let geese rule your property. A multi-sensory approach is the best solution.