Today’s market suggests a vast number of effective lizard repellents. You can purchase natural repellents, electronic repellents, effective sprays, liquids, and gels. When you have chosen the right repellent, use it in problem areas. Lizards don’t like repellents, so they will leave the area soon. Read my clever tips and then decide what is best for your home.
Here I suggest Top 7 Best Lizard Repellent products of 2024 with different types for your consideration:
|BONIDE Snake Stopper
|Neatmaster Ultrasonic Pest Repeller
|MaxMoxie Electronic Repeller
|BioAdvanced Concentrate Yard Insecticide
What is the Best Lizard Repellent in 2024? – Buyer’s Guide
Even though most of us are well aware of how beneficial lizards are – they eat a staggering amount of nasty insects and spiders – the fear and disgust for these creatures have a significant tendency to far outweigh any benefits from having these little wonders around our property. So, how to eradicate lizards and prevent them from ever appearing again?
In this article, you will find all the necessary information you’ve been looking for for quite a long time: expert tips and techniques, natural lizard repellents, sprays, electronic solutions, poisons, etc. Read my clever tips and then decide what is best for your home.
Are you looking for an effective way of eliminating lizards and the best product to use? After much research, some products stand out more than others. And the winner is Neatmaster Ultrasonic Pest Repeller.
The main reason you can purchase natural lizard repellents is that these products are non-toxic and safe to use around kids and pets. Today’s repellents are available both in granule, and liquid forms containing ingredients lizards can’t stand.
What to buy:
1. BONIDE Snake Stopper Repellent Granules – The Best Natural Lizard Repellent
I’ve been using BONIDE Snake Stopper Repellent Granules for years now, and I have to say that it is one of the most effective lizard repellents out there. The active ingredients are cedarwood oil, cinnamon oil, and clove oil, which give the repellent a pleasant smell and make it safe for people and pets. The granules can be used indoors or outdoors to protect lizards. And perhaps best of all, they are completely biodegradable, so you don’t have to worry about any harmful effects on the environment.
A long-lasting, ready-to-use product that can be spread generously around as additional extended protection or as a border when used with Iguana-Rid Spray. Lizards hate the product’s odor and will stay away from where it is applied.
Where to Use
Use this solution to protect your homes, decks, pools, plants, trees, flowers & shrubs from lizards.
How to Use
- To protect an area, use a band 6-8 inches wide and lightly sprinkle the product.
- It’s unnecessary to cover the ground with the product completely.
- One pound will treat a band 8 inches wide by 50 feet in length.
- If no lizards are observed after two weeks, a broadcast/maintenance application may be made at one lb. per 100 sq. ft.
- Do not water after application.
- Reapply the product after heavy rains or every two weeks for best results.
- Keep lizards away from your home.
- Pleasant smell.
- Safe for people and pets.
- It can be used indoors or outdoors.
- The smell may be too intense for some people.
- The granules may not be effective if it’s raining.
- They must be reapplied every two weeks for the best results.
ORTHO Snake-B-Gon is a biodegradable, safe-to-use, and robust taste repellent to keep lizards out of your yard. With active ingredients like cinnamon oil, geraniol, castor oil, mint oil, and clove oil, it effectively masks the food scent that attracts lizards in the first place and makes the environment unappealing to them.
It’s long-lasting and rain-resistant, so you don’t have to worry about reapplying or dealing with messy spills. You can rest assured that your yard will be lizard-free for months at a time. And best of all, it’s safe for people, pets, and plants!
How to Use
- Simply remove the seal under the cap and replace the shaker top.
- Shake and apply it liberally 4 to 6 inches wide next to or around the area you want to protect, making sure to an even amount. You don’t need to cover the ground with the product completely. The ORTHO granules can cover an area of 2 lb. per 1,440 ft².
- Apply regularly at least 30 days apart but sometimes more often depending upon climate conditions.
The product is non-toxic and safe to use around kids and pets. This pest control repellent granules is a human way to control lizards.
- Long-lasting and rain-resistant
- Safe for people, pets, and plants
- No-stink formula
- The smell is too strong and unattractive.
- Rain diminishes the smell and weakens the granules.
- The scent doesn’t last.
Two Effective Spray Solutions
3. Iguana-Rid Ready-To-Use Spray – The Best Lizard Repellent Spray
Iguana-Rid is a powerful repellent made with natural ingredients like garlic oil, cinnamon oil, and sodium lauryl sulfate. It is safe for children and pets, making it an excellent choice for families. It’s also made in the USA and is ECO-friendly. Best of all, it deters almost every type of animal and garden pest.
How Does It Work
Iguana-Rid is a ready-to-use spray that can be used to keep iguanas away from your property. It works by emitting an odor that the iguanas find offensive. The spray is non-toxic and will not harm the iguanas or other animals.
How to Use
The best way to use Iguana-Rid is first to identify the areas where the iguanas are congregating. Once you have recognized these areas, spray the Iguana-Rid liberally in those areas. You may also want to spray around the perimeter of your property to keep the iguanas from entering your yard. Spray the sides of the home with the solution – behind window shutters, gutters, electric boxes, and other areas lizards like to hide.
Reapply every 3 to 5 weeks, depending on the amount of rain and the severity of the infestation.
- Repels almost every type of animal and garden pest.
- Safe for children and pets.
- Made in the USA.
- The smell is overwhelming and offensive.
- The bottle is challenging to spray evenly.
- The bottle is small and doesn’t last long.
Found geckos in your yard? Find out what repellents and traps are the most successful for geckos control and grab some tips here.
4. Lizard Defense All Natural Deterrent and Repellent Spray – Best Indoor Lizard Repellent
Effective spray that repels lizards. Eliminates undesired lizards in the house using a natural residual effect. Each application will last at least six weeks.
Description: The spray will deter lizards’ ability to cling to the surface. Spraying solution at the relevant entry points of the home prevents lizards from entering from the outside.
Where to spray: Spray on hiding places of lizards – wall areas behind cabinets, refrigerators, pictures, paintings, clocks, calendars, etc. Pay special attention to wall or ceiling areas around lights. Ideal for spraying directly on carpets, furniture, flooring, shelves, walls, etc.
Using electronic pest repellents is the best solution if you want to avoid exposure to poisons or toxins that are commonly associated with traditional pest controls.
For effective lizard control, use the following:
5. Neatmaster Ultrasonic Pest Repeller – Best Electronic and Easiest to Use
It emits high-frequency electromagnetic waves that can chase away lizards and other pests. The product has no fumes or poison and can be used long-term.
How it works: Just plug the Neatmaster Repeller into an electrical socket, and it will start immediately to drive away pests.
6. MaxMoxie Ultrasonic Pest Repeller – Best of Ultrasonic
MaxMoxie controls a wide variety of pests, including lizards.
Description: The product combines three advanced electronic pest control technologies – ultrasonic, electromagnetic, and ionic – that reach deep into walls where nasty pests can hide, bombarding them with irritating vibration and deterrent sound waves.
Killing Lizards: Pesticides and Poisons
The main reason lizards are around your property is because there are insects for them to eat. So the first thing that will help you kill lizards is reducing their food.
Do it in the following way:
- Treat the foundation around the building with BioAdvanced Insect Killer (active ingredients: 0.36% B-Cyfluthrin, 0.72% Imidacloprid). The product provides a quick knockdown of any insect.
- To control insects inside the house, apply Lizard Defense Spray. The treatment will kill off insects that serve as food for lizards.
To eliminate lizards use:
7. BioAdvanced Complete Insect Killer Concentrate – Best Lizard Poison
This versatile product can help protect your soil and lawn from damaging pests. The solution works when the chemical is ingested by the pest or comes in direct contact with the insect.
- The pesticide is available in granular, liquid and pellet form.
- It kills surface insects within 24 hours;
- The product consists of Imidacloprid and Beta-Cyfluthrin active ingredients, which have the potential to kill lizards in certain circumstances.
Lizards can be killed by insecticides in several ways – by direct and indirect contact with the chemicals.
These creatures can:
- Absorb the insecticide through their skin by drinking contaminated water;
- Consume poisoned-with-the-chemical insects;
- Inhale the insecticide.
5-Steps Working Way on How to Get Rid of Lizards in Your House
So, you don’t want to see these scaly guests lurking around the house. Pesky lizards can become pests when they invade your home. Being very small they can easily sneak through vents, pipes, cracks around windows, sliding doors, and other devices that lead to the outdoors.
Let’s focus on some burning questions you may have:
- What do house lizards eat? They prefer eating hard-to-control but tasty bugs – wasps, ants, grasshoppers, beetles and spiders.
- Where are they common? Lizards are common in warm areas where cover and food are abundant.
- Are lizards harmful to humans? Most species are harmless to humans and some species can be kept as pets – including iguanas, bearded dragons, geckos and anoles.
You can tell the members of your family that lizards are harmless but we know quite well that phobias are much stronger than logic. When it comes to lizard control, these uninviting guests are best controlled by trapping and exclusion.
So, how to control lizards on your property?
Use these expert tips and techniques to keep your house lizard-free:
Step 1. Make the House Inhospitable to Lizards
Keeping a house clean is the best solution. Remember, a messy house invites lizards, providing both hiding places and food for them. Take care of garbage, unswept floors, piles of magazines, and boxes. Turn the heat down, as these nasty creatures like warmth.
Step 2. Don’t Let Them Get In
Many lizards can squish their scaly bodies pretty small. Inspect the outside of your house and look for any cracks and holes. Fill spaces with some caulk, fix holes in screens, and repair openings around doors. If you can’t stand the smell, place mothballs in the windows.
Step 3. No Food for the Lizard – No Lizard!
There is a huge number of different pests outside that lizards eat. To eliminate lizards, eliminate their food. Spray the foundation of your house with a wide spectrum pesticide – Suspend CS, Talstar or Demon WP.
To reduce insect populations around your home, consider hiring an exterminator.
Step 4. Make the Environment Unpleasant for Them
Lizards adore well-lit areas. Turn off the light. Keep places, where you usually see lizards, dark. Lizards are cool-blooded creatures and love warm, humid places. Therefore, a good tip is to maintain a cooler temperature in the house.
Step 5. Remove Standing Water
Buckets, empty pots, and bowls that hold standing water are breeding grounds for insects that attract lizards. Empty all items that can hold standing water. If you must leave them outdoors, turn them upside down, so they will not collect water.
Lizard Droppings: Identification and Treatment
Found black droppings with white tips on them? These are lizard droppings. Due to the process of reptile elimination – feces and urine exit the lizard’s body through the same opening – lizard droppings have white tips. Lizard’s urine is quite concentrated – the white tip is uric acid crystals.
There are many reasons why you need to get rid of lizard’s droppings. The main reason is your health! Lizards frequently carry Salmonella, which can cause serious problems in people. Salmonella infection can spread directly or indirectly with these pests or their droppings.
One, three, or four droppings of lizards often go unnoticed. But many lizards’ droppings mean you have a significant problem.
There are two methods to remove lizards and their droppings:
- Prevention – preventing lizards from entering the house.
- Eradication – using special pest control products for efficient lizards’ elimination.
If you are facing a big lizard problem call an expert. Controlling lizards is easy for professionals.
Pest Control Company will crack your lizards’ problem in 3 steps:
- Spray effective solutions in some hidden points around your house;
- Set up some repellent granules or repellent sprays;
- Set out lizard traps if lizards are inside the home.
Now you know that eliminating lizards is not a puzzling task if you consider our tips. Please choose the best solution for your problem and try it out to remove lizards from your property.
Questions & Answers
To deter lizards from entering the home, scatter a few mothballs near doors and entrances.
The smell of the mothballs will repel lizards. If you don’t want to scatter mothballs on the ground, put them in an open container.